HELP WANTED - High-Impact Internships
Securing a quality internship can be challenging for any young person. It is particularly daunting for youth who come from disadvantaged homes and communities, or who are transitioning from the foster care system into adulthood.
Quality internships provide young people the opportunity to make connections, develop skills and explore career options.
Many of the young people that Fedcap serves have overcome the odds...they are doing well in high school, some may have graduated and others may already be in college.
Now They Need Your Help
Business leaders who see the value of investing in the future of these young people can make an immediate difference by providing a High-Impact Internship.
What’s a High-Impact Internship? An experience – 30 hours/week for 8 weeks, plus a stipend. This experience can give a young person:
- An opportunity to explore their career interests
- Real world exposure in a professional setting
- An opportunity to begin building their network
- Exposure to positive adult role models
Invest in a Young Person’s Future
The average cost for an intern is about $3,000. This pays a stipend for the young person, transportation and ongoing support. Your sponsorship investment today helps a young person on their pathway to self-sufficiency.
High-Impact Internships: Youth Profiles
We have many students looking for internships, click on the images below to meet five of our candidates.
What you can expect:
- Students between the ages of 17 and 24
- All students achieved National Work-Readiness Certification
- All interns have been fully prepared to work in the professional environment. They will be pre-screened regarding abilities, knowledge and interests – and we will work with you to match young adults best-suited for your position